Author Topic: Lost 62 year old male N/O Inskip  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Sage

Lost 62 year old male N/O Inskip
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:08:22 AM »
I have just been contacted with a Mutual Aid request from Butte County SAR. Apparently, on June 5th, during our inclement weather, a 62 year old male was seen by numerous folks in the area. He was wet, seemed confused, and had numerous different stories......out of gas, transmission fell out, my dogs ran off and I am looking for them, etc. The dogs were found in his truck.

He is from Butte Meadows. His truck was located just north of the Y 3 miles north of Inskip on Humbug Road.

Any info out there?

The more people I meet, the more I like the dog!

All who wander are not lost!

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
Re: Lost 62 year old male N/O Inskip
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 03:10:07 PM »
Yes,  some ....   but the guy who knows more, Chicomecha, is away until Monday.

Apparently we saw him between Philbrook and Inskip also on Tuesday, June 5 when we were coming out after our trip across PipeJam,  and when I rolled.  My Heep was being towed by my truck,  and I was hugging the heater, wet, and cold to the bones.

I was dazed, or near asleep as I didn't see him,  but Chicomecha asked me about him later,  and I knew nothing.

I hope Chicomecha can help you.

Ken
K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 07:32:08 PM »
All I can tell you is his truck took up a good portion of the road and we had to go in the ditch to get around.  He was not in it.  It was pointed toward Philbrook.  The dogs were in it.  And I saw a man walking along the road, a few? miles more toward Inskip, walking in the direction of the truck.  Guy had a full head of dark hair, and was hard to tell his age, wearing something blue.  With Pan in a world of hurt, and this guy seeming to be walking just fine and not flagging us down, I did not stop to check him out.
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline 08XLT

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:47:01 PM »
Saw that in our local news ,but no follow up did he ever get found?

Offline Sage

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 04:19:41 AM »
Nope, not that I've heard......presumed dead.

Wet and hypothermic when last seen....confused. Butte ran about 15 K-9 Teams and a number of folks on quads checking all of the little spur roads this last Saturday.

Someone like you may find him......
The more people I meet, the more I like the dog!

All who wander are not lost!