Author Topic: Lassen NF route designation Open House - July 14th  (Read 3094 times)

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
Lassen NF route designation Open House - July 14th
« on: June 14, 2007, 06:57:51 PM »
I just got their announcement in the mail.  Lots of us have turned in our favorite routes, roads and trails we want to make sure stay open.  They are going to be giving us a glimpse of their ideas, partially based on that input.  I am planning to take a day run up there the back way (dirt roads).  Any one want to ride along, or follow along?  Since it is on a Saturday, I'll likely be leaving from Philbrook, just a couple miles off of Humbug Summit Road, taking the old route the miner took to get to Idaho in the 1860's.  Yes, some of our roads are that old.  Go here for more LNF info:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/lassen/newsroom/

"Susanville, CA…The Lassen National Forest will be hosting two Open House meetings on July 14 and July 21. The purpose of these meetings is to discuss the Forest’s route designation process and to review maps."...

The "discussion draft" maps will also be available online after July 6th.

As a side note, I sure wish someone from one of our 'offroad organizations' would take a bit more active role in announcing this kind of stuff to the online community.  I pay dues to CA4WD every year, and I am sure they are active locally, but you sure wouldn't know it.  I think they are missing a great opportunity to communicate important land issues to a large number of wheelers by not using the various forums around the area.  Every wheeler I know checks at least one of the half dozen local boards.  Obviously it is a good way of organizing events and people, or we would not use it so extensively to get runs etc together.
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline toyoder

Re: Lassen NF route designation Open House - July 14th
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 07:30:36 PM »
thats one dusty powdery  mother of a road we came out that way a couple years ago and went over lassen to get back to redding it was a long trip  :o

Chadd

Re: Lassen NF route designation Open House - July 14th
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 07:52:09 PM »
I'll see you guys there..