Author Topic: FOTHL Presidential Candidate Intro  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Turkeyfrankfurter

• New to our board
FOTHL Presidential Candidate Intro
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »
 **To see introduction with images and links visit:    http://eepurl.com/Dr1nL

Fellow Friends of the High Lakes Members,

As the next meeting and election nears, I want to introduce myself and express my interest in filling the position of  FOTHL President.

My name is Torey Feldhaus and I was born and raised in Paradise, CA. My love for the High Lakes started long ago in my Boy Scouting days, as I explored each and every lake on foot, admiring the rigs that ventured into the area. By the time I was 16 and on my way to making Eagle Scout, I was building my first rig, an ‘83 Toyota Pickup on 32’s in awesome 80’s green. I’d like to think I’ve come a long way since then, although some things never change. I still love the High Lakes and four wheeling, and have a strong drive to maintain our recreational opportunities while balancing the need to protect the environment.

I’ve been a part of FOTHL since working with many other members and groups to found the organization back in 2007. At the time, the fear of trail closures sparked the need to organize the voices of many to ensure we would be heard, a need that is still very much real today. Since then, through FOTHL and working as a ISA Certified Arborist and Utility Forester, I’ve learned a lot about working with the Forest Service and collaborating with individuals and groups to meet a common goal. Seeing the current need for leadership and wanting to bring my skills and dedication to the table, I've become inspired to run for FOTHL President.

My hope is to see a strong Friends of the High Lakes in the future, a solid organization that is successful in working with the Forest Service to keep the High Lakes OHV area open. I’m interested in fresh ideas and growth in the organization. I am also confident that by drawing on the experience and knowledge of those that have paved the way thus far and facilitating collaboration between all members, I can have a positive influence on the organization’s future.

I’m interested in your questions, thoughts and suggestions. Thank you for your time. I’m looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting (August 15th, POA Library, 7:00-9:30).

Torey Feldhaus
Torey@friendsofthehighlakes.com
(530) 518-6521
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:19:36 PM by Pantheus »