Author Topic: New to the board, heading to the high lakes next week camping! Where would u go?  (Read 1787 times)

Offline 90runner

• New to our board
Just wanting to post this and try and get some ideas on where u would go. High lakes -Philbrook. Campbell long ext.....

Offline Buneduggy

• Administrator
    • NorCalWheelers
Im going to guess that by your username you have a 4runner so most any of those lakes could be possible. Just depends on what you want to do and are you taking any family? I like to camp at Philbrook with my family. Yes you have to pay but they have pit toilets and water. You can get some good sites within short walking distance down to the lake (like 20-30ft). Then we do day trips up to the highlakes and spend some time hanging out taking in all the beauty.
Station wagons rule!
01 XJ, d44-9" and 39.5's

Offline 90runner

• New to our board
Yesm taking my wife and 6year old boy. How much is it to stay at Philbrook. Where can I get a detailed map to some of the other lakes by Philbrook. Or even a map to Philbrook ext... The friends of the high lakes site isn't to detailed and I'm coming from skyway-paradise. O ya I have a semi stock runner with open diffs ,no gears & 33s

Offline Buneduggy

• Administrator
    • NorCalWheelers
I don't know of any detailed maps other than the ones on the friends of the highlakes website. Once your up there its not too bad to find your way. I haven't been up there in a while but a quick search shows that in 2012 it was $22 a night. Not sure if that has gone up or not. We can all guess that it hasn't gone down. If it's your first time up there I would stay at Philbrook and venture out from there.
Station wagons rule!
01 XJ, d44-9" and 39.5's

Offline Buneduggy

• Administrator
    • NorCalWheelers
Ok so I found the bigger map that shows how to get to the High Lakes from Philbrook. The turn off is actually before you get to Philbrook so if that's where you are staying you will have to backtrack a bit. I have circled the turn off in red. You should be able to follow the map from there. The full High Resolution map can be found here.... http://www.friendsofthehighlakes.com/maps/highlakes_big.jpg

Hope that help a bit.
Station wagons rule!
01 XJ, d44-9" and 39.5's