Author Topic: Link between K6FHL and W6SCR down until further notice.  (Read 1634 times)

Offline N6BLU

• K6FHL Repeater Trustee
  • Master of B.S. In all things related to everything
Link between K6FHL and W6SCR down until further notice.
« on: May 25, 2013, 03:22:55 PM »
Sorry to report but the link between the K6FHL, High Lakes repeater and the W6SCR repeater is down until further notice. The repairs needed for the Chico repeater were never done last year and the link has drifted off frequency and become inoperable. Repairs will be done to the repeater at some point this summer but at this time there is no timetable. The High Lakes repeater is working just fine.
As I learn more I will come back and post here.
Gary
K6FHL Repeater 146.700(-) PL 110.9 for coverage in the High Lakes and beyond, is linked to the W6SCR Repeater 145.290(-) PL 110.9 on Platte Mtn. for coverage into the Sacramento Valley.

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
Re: Link between K6FHL and W6SCR down until further notice.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
Upside is we can leave the radio on the K6FHL and not have all that static periodically which makes you turn the radio off.
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
Re: Link between K6FHL and W6SCR down until further notice.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 03:38:01 PM »
Downside is that from the ridge, cannot any longer get into the High Lakes by radio

Feeling stranded.....  and  this past Saturday I was contacted by LEO orgs to try to contact anyone with a ham radio that was currently IN the High Lakes....  Seems might have been an injury and resource damage issue....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:40:17 PM by Pantheus »
K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org