Author Topic: Enloe Flightcare helicopter  (Read 2116 times)

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
Enloe Flightcare helicopter
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:53:11 AM »
Was thinking about starting a FOTHL group with the Flightcare helicopter.  The Philbrook Community Association has a group and maintains the helispot down by Day Use, but we haven't done anything in the High Lakes, which is even more remote. 

If FOTHL gets at least 8 membership apps together and sends them in, we can start a group.  It is $30 per year for your whole family, and it sure beats a $5000-$15000 bill for the bird to come get your mangled body.  Insurance probably doesn't pay for that.

Maybe everyone already has this, maybe nobody wants it, dunno.  Just asking...  Anyone else want to get this?

One other thing on my Adopt-A-Trail list for this Spring is to have each club bring back a GPS point of a potential or existing helispot.  I will then consolidate that list and send it to the Enloe dispatch guys.  Part of AAT duties would then be to make sure that spot is cleared.

Who wants to get Flightcare?
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline Buneduggy

• Administrator
    • NorCalWheelers
Re: Enloe Flightcare helicopter
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:57:32 PM »
Count me in. I have been thinking about doing this for a long time and just never followed through. It's cheap insurance for those times when everything goes wrong. We all hope it never does but would like to be prepared nonetheless.
Station wagons rule!
01 XJ, d44-9" and 39.5's

Offline ragdump

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 05:10:11 AM »
Over the years I've been involved with Enloe Flight 3 times,the last one was all the way back at Ben Lomand a guy with us on a Quad was tipping over and stuck his leg out breaking both the bones in his lower leg ,one person with us had a cell phone,the copter was there in less than a half hour and landed right next to where the look out tower was

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 05:52:26 PM »
Nick,

I think this is an excellent topic for a wider distribution via our list.

friends-of-high-lakes@friendsofhighlakes.com

Go for it....

K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline N6BLU

• K6FHL Repeater Trustee
  • Master of B.S. In all things related to everything
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »
Pair-o-dice 4wheelers has had this for years now, Ask Brent Jayne. They lifeflighted is kid after he fell of the jungle gym at school and was knocked unconscious. Not in the highlakes area but down in town, never the less, it saved them a huge bill.
I've had it for 5 years now through the club.
K6FHL Repeater 146.700(-) PL 110.9 for coverage in the High Lakes and beyond, is linked to the W6SCR Repeater 145.290(-) PL 110.9 on Platte Mtn. for coverage into the Sacramento Valley.