Author Topic: whats up with the high lakes this year  (Read 3245 times)

Offline eigermike

whats up with the high lakes this year
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:13:34 PM »
just woundering whats going on this year? i know its early but its coming fast . is there any reports on the work that was done last year? is there more to do this year? just was trying to see if anyone knows .

Offline eigermike

Re: whats up with the high lakes this year
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:04:35 AM »
is there going to be a census  this year?     did the fothl ever get a truck?   

Offline eigermike

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:22:59 PM »
 was the dirtbike trail 614 ever finished and marked?   what about the new 615 trail did they get  it done?   anyone know if the tobin switchbacks ever get cleared? what about rock creek ?   is the fothl still going?   

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 06:54:28 PM »
There will be NO census this year.

old 614 cleared by summer intern crew and adopted by motorcycle club - Ridge Riders  -- Markings on order

I hear Jackass open to all vehicles,  I have no personal knowledge, tho'

Still waiting for Almanor Ranger District to figure out a new disbursement policy.

Doubtful we'll get any funds from them, though

K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
Since we got shut out last year by the late fire, I still don't have first hand info, or second hand info, on the 615.  It was wheel-able for sure before the students got evac'ed.  I am pretty excited to go see as soon as it starts to dry out.  That area gets really muddy since the trees burned off a few years ago, so maybe during the first work party we can go see.

I have started thinking of "opening" dates, but we'll set it in a few weeks.  If you (or anyone) goes out, please give your input on what you see.  The latest pic I have from the T shows the snow level is at the bottom of the FOTHL sign last Saturday.

The one big thing that is likely to happen this summer is a swarm of 'ologists taking stock of the current conditions of the trails in preparation for some planning.
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline eigermike

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:48:46 PM »
we rode the 615 as far as we could last year but there was still some trees the boys were waiting for the forest guys to cut them. did they ever get them cut? thinking about going up in a couple of weeks and see how jackass and rock creek are.

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 06:02:57 PM »
The Forest guys reported to me, just days before the fire threw everyone out,  that they had in fact cleared 615 to the creek.

It wouldn't surprise me that a few downfall could have come down over the winter....  The area was hit hard in the 2008 fire, so weakness in the .vegetation exists, as well as the possibility of muddy conditions.

Please wait until the ground is dry, or nearly so.   We don't need to add issues to that fragile area.
K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org