Author Topic: New Forest Order and closure map August 21  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
New Forest Order and closure map August 21
« on: August 26, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »
No One is going to like the following information, posted in Sunday noonish inciweb:

Here is a brand new Forest Order, : starting August 21 and ending "when fire is fully suppressed" ( read that it's ending date is December 31, 2012 - but not now in the F.O. or inciweb)

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5387389.pdf

A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. 16 USC 551 and 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581

Here is a new map of the closed area that is in Lassen National Forest, and Plumas N.F. on the south and east. It includes everything from Highway 70 on the south and east, Everything from the north PAST Philbrook Lake ( which is NOT included in the closure ) is included in this Forest Order closure.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5387387.pdf     :'(
K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
Re: New Forest Order and closure map August 21
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 06:53:57 AM »
So, Pipejam is OPEN if you access it from the south end and come back out that way!  I ran it a few weeks ago, and it is as tough as ever, and all cleared.

Go all the way out R-Line to 410R, then up 410R over the huge water bars, and you will be on the trail.  Enjoy.
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline CAPMountain

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 02:51:06 PM »
Is the High Lakes road from the "Y" to the "T" still open?  There has been a lot of traffic up there this weekend to supposedly dead end at the "T". Of course there is almost no signage saying the roads are closed.
In the mountains of truth you will never climb in vain: either you will get further up today or you will exercise your strength so that you can climb higher tomorrow.

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
Until the fire is suppressed ( out ! ) then what they call cold trailing ( crawling on their bellies around the 300 feet inside the containment lines to ensure cold ground,   then rehabilitation of the bare dirt that excavators and dozers caused and water bars built hey will not release the lands back for use.

Our use area had very minimal dozer activity, and not a lot of hand lines,  we may not be as long in rehabilitation as most areas.

But until the area is opened, there is zero reason to have Y to T open, except for those who think themselves above the law, and have not quit using the area. 

I'll be in touch with both Lassen and Plumas in the morning and see what we can do about getting it open.  Plumas ran the fire, even though part was on Lassen.
K6KLK

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »
There has been a lot of traffic up there this weekend to supposedly dead end at the "T".

Lotts Lake was outside the fire closure area....   A large number of folks were there and posted a lot of pictures,   that could easily account for the "lot of traffic" you spoke of......     They were exempted from the closure for the same reasons you were at your property = Private Property
K6KLK

Offline CAPMountain

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:42:11 AM »
No, I am pretty sure the short tail pipe and loud 2 cycles I was hearing though the day and night were not coming from them. That is usual traffic during the weekend, but not when it is supposed to be closed.  I only made it up to the High Lakes once before the area was closed.  I want it back open so I can take the family up there and do some fishing and wheeling. 
In the mountains of truth you will never climb in vain: either you will get further up today or you will exercise your strength so that you can climb higher tomorrow.

Offline Mountainman

• New to our board
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 08:59:20 AM »
I called lake alamnor district today at 1130 am they said the high lakes are still closed. Lotts lake area is still closed also.
 The road is closed at the Y

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 09:21:18 AM »
You didn't get the best info available.

True, The High Lakes remain closed, and I'm in discussions to get past that now..

K6KLK

Offline Mountainman

• New to our board
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »
After reading the forest order, looking at the map it looks to me, as I did have the best info available and the area is closed just like i said it was.

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »
Mountainman,

You are correct,   because there was a ruling that came down today, that changed earlier thinking,

You were right tho'
K6KLK

Offline Scooterloo

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 06:40:41 PM »
Nick, it's not your cj anymore, face it you've seen the light!

;D

Offline Mountainman

• New to our board
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 01:22:51 PM »
 I got a call back from lake alamnor district today. They are thinking (as of now) the high lakes area might be closed for another month.
 As for the group of people that went to Lott's lake last weekend ( they posted pictures on facebook) they were in violation of the forest order. Only the person who is listed on the deed is allowed on their property no one else.
 Because of them the forest service will now patrol the area and give out tickets ,no more warnings.

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »
I would love to hear some sort of reasoning to keep it closed for another month.  A month more seems drastic if they really have the thing contained.  Are they really using the 611 that much?  I could see maybe closing parts, but this seems kind of heavy handed.  Not saying any of us have the answer, nor do I expect one, and I doubt we'll ever get one.  Really, we can't go to the south end?  Are we really in the way, or in great danger if we went in?
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline CAPMountain

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »
I don't see how having forest service patrol the area is such a bad idea, unless of course you are breaking laws.  Heck, I am all for more law enforcement.  I love having Paul up there patrolling the area with all of his cool toys.  He was the one that gave me and my family peace of mind during these closures because I know he is looking out for us.

I seriously doubt it was "because of them" that the forest service will be patrolling the High Lakes area.  The "them" you should be referring to were all of the other people that were using the roads this last weekend who are not business owners or private land owners.  The "them" were not riding dirt bikes, quads and rather well equipped rigs up there through the night.  I happen to know the "them" whom you are referring to and I am guessing you don't know how their land ownership is set up.  So please place blame where blame is due.

I too can't imagine why the High Lakes need to be closed any longer unless they are still concerned for flare ups and need to continue road and fire line rehab. 

What I will do is respect the rules that are in place.  I just hope others will stop thinking themselves above the law.