Author Topic: thanks to all  (Read 3048 times)

Offline eigermike

thanks to all
« on: August 22, 2011, 03:32:36 PM »
thanks two all that help in the high lakes this past saturday!   our groupe cleared 519 and installed 2 campfire rings,1 at pipejam lake  and 1 at the swim hole camp.we need 2 more to finish the trail off. once again thank you guys for your help!   sory i didnt have my camera to take any pics but maybe some others can post some ?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:37:57 PM by eigermike »

Offline Scooterloo

Re: thanks to all
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 04:54:43 AM »
I'll post some this after noon. The HL was VERY quiet for an August weekend AND being opening archery weekend. I didn't see anyone at Long, a large group at Cambell, and didn't see anyone camping at SV either. Weird

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 02:09:42 PM »
ditto on the thanks.  We got a total of 8 fire rings installed, and every trail is cleared except Pipejam, which probably just had the snow melt off finally last week.  it is usually about two weeks behind the T.  There will be a LNF OHV crew of three guys out there for a couple more weeks working on re-doing some of the rock dumps so that OHV's dont drive around them.
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline Scooterloo

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:59:30 PM »
There will be a LNF OHV crew of three guys out there for a couple more weeks working on re-doing some of the rock dumps so that OHV's dont drive around them.

Have there been any complaints from the single trackers? Those rock piles look hard to cross on a dirt bike.

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 03:07:44 PM »
If a rider had enough talent to make it past the stairsteps and the ledge, I don't think the rock pits would be a problem to drive through.  So to me, there is nothing wrong with a hard spot, at least not any harder than those "gatekeeper" spots.  But if given the option of the rocks or a nice hardpack to the side, around they go.  My XR100 made it through stuff like that.  Just hang onto the bar and ride the bike, don't let it ride you.  Then again, I made it through Pipejam on that little Honda too.  Then I sold it to my neighbor.
N6RCJ

Offline eigermike

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »
I two thought it was qrazy that there wasnt much camping going on!  forgot to tell you guys that on the way out  we did find a camp it was right before you cross grassy lake creek they are driving off the road about 100yards in to there camp never new there was a camp or trail there.

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 05:29:07 AM »
that camp actually is on the map and has a firering.  If it was the one on the grassy lake side of the road, its a nice campsite, and the road does look kinda rogue, but its just full of grass.  there is a road there, but lots of bugs too!
N6RCJ

Offline eigermike

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »
thats cool ! did not know it was there so we have 2 camps and firerings at grassy? must say it looked like a great site. i will check it out next time thanks! :)