Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Almanortoy

• New to our board
Hi Everyone!
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:30:07 AM »
Hi Everyone!

My name is Thor and I am from Chester. I love the High Lakes and do my part to help. I am looking forward to another spring clean-up and wheeling with you all. Carry on.  :)

Thor

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »
You are most welcome,  You and Laura have already earned your rightful place,,  Congratulations.
K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline Almanortoy

• New to our board
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »
Thank you for the kind words, Ken.

I have taken the responsibility to be your trail Patrol Captain. I am new to this but I promise to try hard, learn from my mistakes, and do a good job.
I take 4-wheeling seriously and want to insure that our children and families enjoy the High Lakes for many years to come.

Please offer any advice. Most of you guys are more familiar with the going's on and I'm a good listener.

Trail Patrollers....I've got your numbers and will be contacting everyone soon.

Background: I started wheeling in Chico back in high school. We would cut school after lunch and go "mudding" where the Chico Mall is ( that should give you an idea of my age). I've been fixing and breaking and fixing Toyota's long enough to know my way around. I have participated in events,parades, started and failed at a club here in 2003-05, been to Rubicon-Fordyce , rolled crashed and burnt, and basically been around the block long enough to know that I can help and where I fit into all this. There's more but I won't bore you.

Thank you for this opportunity. I am grateful and won't let you down. And if any of you are in Chester-look me up and lets go wheelin'!!

See you at the High Lakes soon!

Thor Schaefer

Offline Scooterloo

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 10:32:25 AM »
Way to go Thor!

Any good trail riding with rocks in your area?

-Darryl

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 12:26:20 PM »
It's great to have you on board.  You've always done a super job on cleanup day, so I know you'll do great with Trail Patrol.  You can make it whatever you want.  I hope to see lots more green shirts up in the HL this summer - or late summer as it stands.  Thanks for taking this on.
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline 4wheelinggma

• Picking up posting steam
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 05:13:08 PM »
Thor, welcome. We want to see the high lakes stay family friendly. My family has been going to the high lakes since my dad was in High School. Now my grandchildren enjoy the area. Please stop by and introduce yourself once the snow melts!
Pam

Offline Almanortoy

• New to our board
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »
Way to go Thor!

Any good trail riding with rocks in your area?

-Darryl
Hi Darryl-

Collins Pine old skidder trails with rocks and obstacles here and there but no long trails. There are a-couple of little sluice areas-enough to keep ya busy ;)

Offline Wilson

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 04:49:47 PM »
LOL, my little sister used to date your little brother. I pulled him out of Bear Lake years ago.  Small world