Author Topic: Link is active  (Read 2259 times)

Offline N6BLU

• K6FHL Repeater Trustee
  • Master of B.S. In all things related to everything
Link is active
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:20:34 PM »
The link between the W6SCR and the K6FHL repeater is active and working however is still a little bit scratchy.
This means that if you are up in the High Lakes area and using the High Lakes repeater, people in the valley can hear and talk back to you by using the W6SCR repeater. We should have the scratchy problem solved shortly.
Gary
K6FHL Repeater 146.700(-) PL 110.9 for coverage in the High Lakes and beyond, is linked to the W6SCR Repeater 145.290(-) PL 110.9 on Platte Mtn. for coverage into the Sacramento Valley.

Offline Scooterloo

Re: Link is active
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »
Is the link automatic? If I am using our repeater it auto links?

Offline N6BLU

• K6FHL Repeater Trustee
  • Master of B.S. In all things related to everything
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:20:22 AM »
Is the link automatic? If I am using our repeater it auto links?

Yes, when using either repeater you will be heard on the other and people will be able to reply to you using either repeater.
K6FHL Repeater 146.700(-) PL 110.9 for coverage in the High Lakes and beyond, is linked to the W6SCR Repeater 145.290(-) PL 110.9 on Platte Mtn. for coverage into the Sacramento Valley.

Offline Scooterloo

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 07:27:01 PM »
I was up in Phillbrook today and talked to a guy in oroville over the repeater you, Gary made happen, all with my handheld with a rubber ducky antenna. Gary thank you for persevering and finishing this project even though help was hard to find. Myself, I have a renewed sense of security knowing we have a solid link to civilization. Over time it will not only be used to our advantage, but lives will be saved! Good on you Gary and family, and all the volunteers.  :)