Author Topic: Starting another mod  (Read 8135 times)

Offline BillyD.

Starting another mod
« on: April 30, 2007, 03:10:48 PM »
I got a box today and it has a set of Aussie lockes in it I'm not sure when the install will be just yet But I will let you know when they are installed and how doing the install goes.
CAUTION: I have an 05 wrangler and I'm not afraid to use it

Offline Sar 450

Re: Starting another mod
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 11:37:27 AM »
They are easy to install and you will enjoy them.

Offline Scooterloo

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »
They are easy to install and you will enjoy them.

I'll second that, only drawback was it made my already hard to stear rig miserable, 14.50s aired way down with no assist.

It never failed to lock, and that is what counts.

Offline BillyD.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 06:07:38 PM »
Well it look's like I'll be installing them on friday when the rain stop's. Also thank you for your comment about how much you like them that is one of the main reason's I bought them everyone I know that has them loves them.

Offline BillyD.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 08:36:22 PM »
Onk and I installed the locker's today and after doing the first one the second one took a lot less time. The instruction were a little vague but we figured them out. we did a test drive and WOW what a diffrence. I am a little tired tonight so I will do a little write up tomorrow.

Offline Wench

• Picking up posting steam
  • Jeeps are good
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 07:15:41 AM »
I can't wait to see how it does out on the trail......like you ever had troubles before anyways  8)
RIP 86

Offline BillyD.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 07:45:52 AM »
Yesterday Onk and I tore into my jeep and installed the locker's. We did the front first the instruction's had a couple of vague area's but we figured it out and it took us about 2 1/2 hrs to do the front but the rear took us about 1 1/2 hr's. Once we knew what we were doing it was very simple. We took it for a test drive after doing the front and could already tell a big diffrence and there was little to no noise. I test drove it again after doing the rear and that's where I could really notice the racheting sound. The first hard turn I heard a loud pop and after that just the racheting sound. I drove it up a steep dirt mound that I couldent climb because it was vertical about half way up I spun the tire's a little just to see if the locker's were working and I now have true 4wd  Onk also had some magnet's that we attached to the diff cover's to collect any metal partical's that will accumulate due to wear. Onk took pic's of the process so hopefully he will have those up soon  . A huge Thank's to you Onk for your help in the install.

We then started to tear into Onk's rig to fix the ARB and found that the air line inside the diff had been rubbing on the ring gear and there was a small hole in the line so now Onk is going to have to wait till he get's a new manifold for the ARB so we can fix his locker. When the part's get there we will be on it

Offline BillyD.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 06:11:41 PM »
I got the chance to try the locker's out today and I am impressed the only draw back that I can see is that the stearing wheel feel's heavy in turn's and in tight turns it push's the front locker doesent seem to be unlocking when I turn the rear is doing fine I can hear that one racheting unless it's under a load then pure traction I was able to climb hill's in 2wd that I couldent before all in all I'm happy with the Aussie's

Offline Onkover

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 06:35:19 AM »
I got them pics around here somewere... i'll go look ;)
In the effort for world peace I have given up killing people.

Offline Onkover

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 06:53:22 AM »
All tore down

Ring gear off, spiders removed and assembling the front

Front installed... how perdy!!

Rear tore down

Stuffing spings and pins in

ready to ROCK!!

Offline Wench

• Picking up posting steam
  • Jeeps are good
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 05:41:34 AM »
Thanks for the pics Onk, you guys are really on top of my list when I get around to buying a locker.  That was one mod that Billy D. really seems to enjoy, and that little TJ goes and goes kind of reminds me of the energizer bunny  :D
RIP 86

Offline BillyD.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 07:55:22 PM »
Well I had the chance to put the locker's to the test today and I had my rig on the right front and left rear going through a rut and not so much as a wheel slip it just crawled right through. these locker's are definatly the best mod i've done although the RE 3.5" super flex lift I did last year is right there with it.

Offline Onkover

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 05:39:44 AM »
Well Billy how about them lockers on the con?

What about posting up about your most recent mod?

Offline BillyD.

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 09:36:47 PM »
I have to say that the only down fall to the aussie locker is it's not selectable but I had plenty of traction with the exception of Morris rock at the top of cadi hill but then again everyone that took the line to the right had problem's with traction. Overall I would have say those locker's did a great job on the con

Offline Onkover

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 08:37:40 PM »
What about posting up about your most recent mod?