Author Topic: Get paid to camp and work in The High Lakes - Calendar  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
Get paid to camp and work in The High Lakes - Calendar
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:54:52 PM »
Through a grant and help from Lassen National Forest, we are able to PAY to get a job done.

That job is to camp and sit near the trail, and talk with every vehicle coming through, getting some basic information, giving them a brochure, a WAG BAG, toilet information, an oil spill kit and any help they may need or want.

The pay is $ 100.00 per DAY, for Saturday and or Sunday, and over holiday weekends.  Hours are reasonable, perhaps whenever there is traffic during daylight hours?

You may work one day, two days, or all weekends, your call.  You can even split a shift half days,  you can  work alone, or with your family, or group or club, but the pay will be per DAY, not per person.

The shifts will start July 31 / August1  and run every Saturday / Sunday through the time the trail becomes too wet or white.

Dates available are:
                 July 31 / August 1
                  August 7 / 8
                  August 14 / 15
                 August 21 / 22
                 August 28 / 29
                 September 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
                 September 11 / 12
                 September 18 / 19
                 September 25 / 26
                 October  2 / 3
                 October 9 / 10
                 October 16 / 17
                 October 23 / 24
                 October 30 / 31
We'll extend into November, weather permitting.

Post up on the calendar above in the area heading create event above what you'd like to "work".   Click the pencil-looking thing next to the word "EVENT",  and edit the word "available", to your name and or board name, so I can find you. After you add your name or screen name to the event,  then delete the "available" event, so YOU are the event.

Ask questions   info@friendsofthehighlakes.com

Ken

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:51:08 PM by Pantheus »
K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
Re: Get paid to camp and work in The High Lakes - Calendar
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »
No one else wants to get paid for being in The High Lakes? Plenty of dates available, starting with August 7/8  and August 13 - 16   (which is a  $ 400.00 weekend.)

Come on.. sign up by clicking the calendar link above...  adding your name whereever it says available.

We'll provide an  EZ-up, and a table  you bring camping stuff, and food / drinks, and get paid for talking with people.

Ken
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:05:10 AM by Pantheus »
K6KLK

Offline BattleWagon

• Toys for Life
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:32:36 AM »
I would love to, but having 600 miles of separation and a job in the way definitely makes it tough for me to get up there.  I'm trying to see if I can get some time off in late September to come up for a weekend, but we will see how that goes over with the boss.
01 D-Cab Taco. W/ Coilovers, Bilsteins, Locker,  Home built front, rear, skids, sliders, & 9k Superwinch.

Respect and Enjoy.......

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 12:19:08 PM »
The upcoming weekend - August 7 / 8 is available...   for someone to earn $ 200.00    or two someones earn $ 100.00 each day.

No one needs $ 200.00 and get to camp in The High Lakes?

Click the Calendar tab at top and sign up....

Thanks
K6KLK

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 06:22:32 AM »
Post up on the calendar above in the area heading create event above what you'd like to "work".   Click the pencil-looking thing next to the word "EVENT",  and edit the word "available", to your name and or board name, so I can find you. After you add your name or screen name to the event,  then delete the "available" event, so YOU are the event.

Duuhh, hey boss, I can't figure this out.  I don't see the pencil thing or a word Event, or a calendar.
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline TripleXJ

• Off-Road Engineer
  • Picking up posting steam
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 07:54:27 AM »
Took me a while too. The Calendar can be accessed in the row above the posts "Home Help Search...Calendar..." Hope that helps.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.  - Thomas Jefferson

KJ6FCG

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 08:01:56 AM »
Yes, as JJJ points out " Calendar " link is below the .com  in the title of this board picture,  then the picture-like thingy is after the word EVENT(s)   to edit " Available "  to your name(s)

Or..... send me an email, when you'd like to " work ", and I'll do the editing...   What we need are volunteers,  I'll do the  calendar " work ". 
K6KLK