Author Topic: Newbie to the board!  (Read 2399 times)

Offline 844x4

• New to our board
Newbie to the board!
« on: April 03, 2008, 05:39:41 PM »
Hey Everyone!!!
My name is Morgan from Sacramento,  I went to the highlakes last summer for the first time!  My Grandma lives in Magalia so I've been up around there many many times but never wheeled there!  I love it! And look forward to possibly making new friends who like to camp and of course wheel.

Anyways I have an 84 Toyota std cab pickup, 33"swampers, 5.29's detroit rear locker and lock right front,4.7 reduction box with twin stick, chevy rear springs, and, a winch coming soon.  I am still new to 4 wheeling but have learned a lot building my truck and traversing a few trails and off-road parks.

I would love to do some camping and fishing up  there this year!

Offline CAPMountain

Re: Newbie to the board!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 08:55:39 AM »
Welcome.  Where abouts are you located in Sac?  I live in Fair Oaks, just outside of Sacramento, but work in Sac. 
In the mountains of truth you will never climb in vain: either you will get further up today or you will exercise your strength so that you can climb higher tomorrow.

Offline chicomecha

• Dep. Web Wheeler
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 09:08:34 AM »
Sounds like the perfect rig for up there.  Don't forget to check out www.friendsofthehighlakes.com.
"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
N6RCJ

Offline 844x4

• New to our board
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 06:17:13 PM »
I live where 50 and 80 intersect near UCD medcenter. 
And yes I have already checked out friends of the highlakes.  Its a great website!  I would love to do some more camping up there this summer!