Author Topic: Setting up for smog  (Read 4354 times)

Offline Onkover

Setting up for smog
« on: March 09, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »
MY rig is borderline if it would pass smog. Sure after I installed my new engine i ran it over to my smog guy just to see if he could tell what it was putting out but this is the year that I HAVE to do it. So i had to order a new cat. The cat that I have now is not plugged. Fact is that it's a empty can. It was one of them HIGH $ Random Technolgy cats. They have ceramic discs inside that, go figure, do hold up to getting hit on rocks vary well. IT was making all kinds of racket and so I emptied it out. WEll I have to smog this year and yesterday ordered a Magnaflow cat. This is sa-post-to be a bolt on but we will see once it comes it.
In the effort for world peace I have given up killing people.

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
Re: Setting up for smog
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:42:18 PM »
Gotta love pre 1975 rigs!   WooHoo

K.
K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline toyoder

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 09:20:05 PM »
Gotta love pre 1975 rigs!   WooHoo

K.
or a trinity county reg.  ;)

Offline Onkover

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 04:47:32 AM »
Don't I have to be a resident of trinity county?

Offline toyoder

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 01:42:06 PM »
ah no just a p o box

Offline Onkover

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 12:53:15 AM »
Well yesterday I got my new cat and installed it. Shinny little thing. I also started the, what is ending up to be, war with the error code 27 deal. I got my fuel injectors back and all tested good. This was what I was afraid of. I was really hoping it was a part rather then wiring. I have tore into the spare wire harness that I have in a effort to see if I can just replace all the wires for the fuel injectors. Will they all don't just go from the computer to the injectors. they go to many other places in the harness rendering it nearly imposable to do what I was hoping to do. Today I spent some time soldering the connections at the main harness going into the computer. These I don't feel is the issues for healthy to do anyway being that they were just twisted together.

Offline Onkover

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:56:33 AM »
Well yesterday I got the soldering done on the main harness. It sure took alot of time but the beer my neighbor offered me helped.  ::) I fired it up with no CEL- Check engine light. Drove it around a bit last night and still no light. So this morning I took it down for smog. I got almost all the way through the test and the guy say.. I don't think the cap is going to pass. I had to replace the fuel cap and the test went on... I PASSED with flying colors!! YEPPIE. I thought "Quick pay the man" and when i went to pull out of his bay the CEL came on and it started to run rough. I got through it with the skin of my teeth.
I am still worried about this issue though. My junk runs like junk when this error happeneds and so I will still be trying to fix it.

All in all I At least PASSED!! ;D