Author Topic: Discussion Draft Comment Form  (Read 11370 times)

Offline scout254

Re: Discussion Draft Comment Form
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »
Got from USFS "High Lakes Restoration Area-Routes and Rec Impact" map that I will bring to the comment mtg.

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »
I need to see more of that map...   but it appears from that scan it is a really old map, as the trail E19 down from the Chips lake -> Ben Lomand trail down to Mud lake we allowed being closed on the 1976 Forest plan, because it was a mere 1/4 mile  and the users up from Saddle Lake to Mud Lake were ripping that barren dirt hill side to deep ruts,  huge erosion and no possible way to restore without closure and possibly re-vegetation (which I'd bet never happened.)  Darryl and Chris (who were there last week) would know as it started on the far side of Saddle, across  the dam,  and to the right off the trail that went down the far side of the lake, and straight up the dirt bank.

I haven't been there in too many years to know.  I'd like to see that though, as the scan doesn't tally right with the photo date.

edit to add:
But, after a few hours working on something, occurs to me that *IF* someone was going up there before our July 25 meeting and could walk out that old trail down from the Ben Lomand trail to Mud Lake (and ignoring that it ever went on to Saddle Lake) if there is still any trail left,  and the camping site(s) still findable, MAYBE we could lobby, based on that map, to make it a request for return to inventory?

It would sure help with dispersed camping, and provide a "new" place now they've cut us out of so many camping / fishing spots?

Ken
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:04:48 PM by Pantheus »
K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline scout254

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 06:39:46 AM »
TTP....

DONT FORGET THIS WED AT ROUND TABLE......

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 06:56:44 AM »
TTP....

DONT FORGET THIS WED AT ROUND TABLE......

I have about 20 of my "suggestions"  for comment, and about 20 of the sign-in name/address sheets, that I will be bringing.

Someone(s) else is bringing hundreds, several hundreds of the comment forms  ???????

Someone(s) else s bringing hundreds, several hundreds of EACH of the (at least) THREE maps ??????

I'd also appreciate getting a copy of all of the pages of the sign-in sheet(s) from the previous meeting, as I'm building a data base,  and have already built a mailman listserve, so when we get DEIS, and gawd forbid the final EIS, and have only 45 days to comment or file suit, or whatever,  we have all of the troops ready to mobilize.  Who ever has it, please copy for me.

Thanks,

Ken
K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline Scooterloo

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 03:18:13 PM »
I'll try to sweet talk (the other Ken) into letting me use the work copier.....

I'll let you know.

Offline porterwagner

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 04:39:46 PM »
everythings a go. show up early if you are/want to run a table. Like at 6. See you there.

Offline Buneduggy

• Administrator
    • NorCalWheelers
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 07:50:41 PM »
Just wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone that participated in this comment form situation. The turn out at Round Table was impressive. I hope all the people that came will take this information and spread the word to reach even more people.

Station wagons rule!
01 XJ, d44-9" and 39.5's

Offline scout254

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 06:25:03 PM »
Just making sure everybody knows TUESDAY (31st) is the last day to get this done if you havn't already.......  :-*  ......POSTMARKED BY AUG 1 ST ;D