Author Topic: Tell someone where you are going......  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Sage

Tell someone where you are going......
« on: June 25, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
Yesterday, a single female in her Nissan 4x4, told her Shingletown neighbor that she was going shopping in Chico. But, later in the day, she thought that she would take a different route home after one look at a map. Cohassette to Shingletown on Ponderosa Way!

I was notified at 1830 that she was lost and out of gas! I contacted her on her cell phone and the only clues that she could give me were two signs on a tree........1800 and 1840, and that she was at a four way intersection and she could see Mt. Lassen. The CHP H-14 was launched and told to fly Ponderosa Way as I continued the investigation.

We determined that the road number system that she saw belonged to Collin's Pine. We reseached their mapping system and located the intersection......4 1/2 miles south of me on the Mill Creek Plateau, way east of her intended travel route, which she didn't tell anyone about!

I got the co-ordinates to the CHP and they found her and dropped her off in my meadow before 2030....two hours!

Now, if she had got stuck, broke down or whatever, and, she didn't have cell service......what would have happened? No one knew of her plans and she had traveled in three different Counties! Shasta County would have gotten the call, maybe today, that she had gone shopping in Chico and hadn't returned.......Maybe another Kim story for the news folks!

Tell someone where you are going, when you expect to return, and, WHAT TIME TO PANIC!  :o
The more people I meet, the more I like the dog!

All who wander are not lost!

Offline Pantheus

• Administrator
  • K6KLK
Re: Tell someone where you are going......
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 04:16:37 PM »
And Sage and TCSAR saves another damsel in distress  ;D

Nice and very important story,  thanks for sharing !

Ken

K6KLK

In a world without walls and fences nobody needs Windows and Gates!
User #104362 since 02/99 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Offline Onkover

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:43:48 PM »
Another good rason why we need to cut down the forest :o J/K

Dang good thing she not only had a cell but had service. IS the numbers for the roads a logging map system or something?
In the effort for world peace I have given up killing people.

Offline Sage

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 04:34:41 AM »
Collin's Pine have their own numbering system. The USFS have their's and Sierra Pacific has a different one.

Can be confusing.....
The more people I meet, the more I like the dog!

All who wander are not lost!